The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB: The Washington Development Associate supports the fundraising and programmatic work based out of NIF’s Washington office, helps write, edit and prepare institutional grant proposals, supports the Israel Travel program, and helps manages the office’s administrative needs. The Washington Development Associate reports to the NIF Washington Director and the Director of Foundation Relations.
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
START DATE: Immediately
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Washington Region: 40% (year-round)
1. Community Building
- Develop and manage regional donor and community public education and fundraising programs, including annual Salon Series.
- Assist Washington Director in managing and coordinating volunteer Leadership Council.
- Initiate and implement community outreach with donors and prospects in 20s and 30s.
- Develop social media campaigns for local donor outreach.
- Manage logistics for NIF participation in local events.
- Support Washington Director in all donor fundraising activities, including donor events, preparing for fundraising calls and meetings, prospect research.
- Manage all logistics for local fundraising events. Create and mail invites; manage response lists and all logistics relating to programs; develop and implement programming ideas to reach current donors and prospects.
- Develop personal portfolio of regional donors for cultivation and solicitation.
- Respond to donor inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Manage donor database (Raiser’s Edge) entries and Salsa use for invitations
Program Support: 10%
- Support NIF’s Israel travel program for donors. (time-sensitive based on study tour dates.)
- Oversee participant travel logistics and manage payments
- Prepare participant materials
- Respond to participant inquiries
- Develop social media component for tour groups
Foundation relations (year-round): 40%
- Manage on-going relations with a selection of the foundation file
- Assist with drafting and copy-editing grant proposals and reports (for both substance and proofreading).
- Draft, compile and send attachment materials for grant proposals and reports, as needed.
- Assist with RE “hanging” of grant proposal materials
- Maintain electronic files of all foundation materials and correspondence
- Collaborate in foundation prospecting.
Office Management (year-round): 10%
Help manage administrative needs of NIF’s Washington office, including ordering office supplies, managing mail and preparing the office for meetings and assisting visitors.
SKILLS / QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in non-profit development and/or programming.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills, including planning, budgeting, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule.
- Interest in, and ability to articulate the NIF mission.
NIF offers a fair-market salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. Please send resume with cover letter and one writing sample, addressed to , with "Washington Regional Associate" in the subject line.