The New Israel Fund protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli citizen.
NIF is currently seeking a Bookkeeper/Jr. Accountant to coordinate the accounts payable functions and monthly credit card expense reports. The position reports to the Senior Controller and will be stationed in the NYC Office.
LOCATION: New York City
START DATE: Immediately
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review all invoices and related documentation and ensure appropriate approval prior to processing for payment.
- Process check and other payment requests timely and accurately, including data entry into the Financial Edge general ledger.
- Monitor how expenses are coded by departments, to ensure consistency with operating budget.
- Responsible for the weekly check-run, including ACH payments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries; research and correct any discrepancies.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with company policy and best accounting practice.
- Assist with the monthly and annual audit.
- Review and reconcile monthly corporate credit card statements
- Assist with reconciliations and prepare journal entries
- Monitor policies and internal controls to ensure compliance within the departments
- Prepare standard monthly and ad hoc reports
- Prepare year-end 1099’s
REQUIREMENTS AND EDUCATION:
- Associates Degree (Bachelors preferred)
- 1+ year of accounting experience
- High degree of proficiency in the use of financial software applications including: Excel and Word. Knowledge of Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interface with various levels of management.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to work in a meticulous, thorough, and precise manner.
- Must possess the ability to assume non-routine tasks and to take initiative where appropriate.
- Must possess a strong follow-through on all projects; ability to bring projects to timely completion.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]