ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
NIF is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy in Israel. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters worldwide who believe in a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. To this end, we support Israeli activists and organizations who work to advance democracy, human rights, social justice, shared society, and religious freedom and who work to combat the occupation.
NIF seeks an engaging, passionate, and focused individual to join the New York team as Development and Program Assistant. The Development and Program Assistant serves as the right hand to the Senior Director, providing dynamic, friendly, invaluable support to the NY team. You will be the forward-facing face, voice and tone for the SD and NY team so should have the presence to interact and interface with our major donors and their staff and provide direct support for the SD as well as programmatic, event planning, and general administrative support to the New York team on a wide range of fundraising, communications, and programmatic projects. The Development and Program Assistant will assume responsibility for all aspects of administering the New Israel Fund NY headquarters.
LOCATION: New York, NY
START DATE: Immediately
RESPONSIBILITIES – DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT:
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the SD. Act as first point of contact – screen telephone calls, inquiries and requests, and manage or refer as appropriate.
- Coordinate calendar and travel arrangements as needed.
- Ensure that SD is prepared and briefed for meetings and track follow up.
- Prepare invoices and expense reports as requested.
- Provide meticulous donor care, including writing acknowledgement letters, writing and mailing honor/memorial cards as needed.
- Managing donor database, including research, recordkeeping and running reports.
- Provide project support for New York team, including preparing and editing correspondence, reports and presentations, sometimes from scratch.
RESPONSIBILITIES – PROGRAM ASSISTANT:
- Prepare and edit Salsa email blasts, event pages and event invitations.
- Manage all logistics for NY-based NIF programs, including details such as catering, hotel bookings, coordinating mass emails, and tracking RSVPs, as well as ensuring that events run smoothly.
- Coordinate NY staff meetings and NY team participation in national and international events and conference calls in coordination with members of the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES – OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Support the New York-based development and finance staff: answer telephones, manage office calendar and coordinate staff meetings and celebrations.
- Oversee and maintain the office—including maintaining inventory of office supplies, stationary and NIF materials and equipment, housekeeping and maintaining office appearance with an eye to major donor visits in-office events.
- Help update and maintain the fundraising database.
- Maintain and check various office email boxes. Respond to donor and prospect requests and queries as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree.
- Commitment to NIF’s issues and values.
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be a team player.
- Strong writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor and the ability to work well with lay leaders and colleagues.
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, Salsa, iWave and HTML skills a plus.
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
- Hebrew a plus
The position reports to the Senior Director, NY/Tri-State Region.
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with “NY Development and Program Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes please.