Primary Purpose of Job:
The Development Associate will assume responsibility for all aspects of support for the New Israel Fund’s public programming, development, and communication in the Bay area and the National Outreach West regions. Working closely with the Bay Area Director, Director of New Generations, and National Outreach West Director, the Development Associate will assist in the defining of regional goals and grow the NIF base of support in the Western region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the San Francisco office’s general administrative operations;
- Process incoming gifts, invoices, and expenses;
- Answer phone calls, assist donors, and track gifts;
- Act as liaison between office and vendors;
- Manage all general postal mail, voicemail, and email for the San Francisco office;
- Draft correspondence and distribution materials;
- Create and disseminate San Francisco regional event emails;
- Update and manage a large donor database (Raiser’s Edge);
- Create and maintain various reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities;
- Work closely with visitors, volunteers, as well as local and national NIF staff;
- Assist in coordinating fundraising events, meetings, and regional programs.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- High proficiency in using the internet and web-based tools for research, MS Word, Excel and general knowledge of computer maintenance and functions required; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (or similar databases) and Salsa’s database and email tools strongly preferred;
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in a timely manner;
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once;
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit work experience preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner required; ability to interact professionally with staff, donors and prospects;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, Israel, current events, and social justice issues.
- Knowledge of HTML is a plus, but not required.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please submit résumé and cover letter to [email protected]