The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under the supervision of the Washington Regional Director, the Washington Development Associate will assume responsibility for all aspects of support for the New Israel Fund’s public programming, development, and communication in the Greater Washington region, as well as managing the office’s administrative needs. Working closely with the Washington Regional Director, the Development Associate will take an active role in defining and fulfilling regional goals towards growth.
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
START DATE: Immediately
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Washington Director in all donor fundraising activities, including donor events, preparing for fundraising calls and meetings, prospect research.
- Develop and manage logistics for regional community public engagement and fundraising programs. Including, but not limited to, creating and distributing invitations (Salsa); managing response lists and all logistics relating to programs; developing and implementing programming ideas to reach current donors and prospects.
- Engage with donors and supporters in person and over the phone, answering relevant questions, and processing and tracking gifts.
- Manage donor database (Raiser’s Edge) entries and generate reports.
- Assist Washington Director in managing and coordinating volunteer Leadership Council.
- Initiate and implement community outreach with donors and prospects in their 20s and 30s.
- Help manage administrative needs of NIF’s Washington office, including answering calls, ordering office supplies, managing mail and preparing the office for meetings and assisting visitors.
- Assist with drafting and copy-editing grant proposals and reports.
SKILLS / QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of work experience in non-profit development and/or programming.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills, including planning, budgeting, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule.
- Interest in, and ability to articulate the NIF mission.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Please send resume with cover letter and one writing sample, addressed to Tali Herskowitz — [email protected], with “Washington Regional Associate” in the subject line.