NIF is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy in Israel. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters worldwide who believe in a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. To this end, we support Israeli activists and organizations who work to advance democracy, human rights, social justice, shared society, and religious freedom and who work to combat the occupation.
NIF seeks an engaging, passionate, and focused individual to join the New York team as a development officer. The development officer will work with colleagues to steward existing donors and grow the NIF base of support in the NY / Tri-State region. This position reports to the Associate Director of NIF in the region and works closely with NIF staff across the country.
LOCATION: NIF’s New York Office
- Steward a specific portfolio of donors.
- Manage prospect research in support of regional fundraising efforts.
- Track data and produce metrics reports for team in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Draft proposals and reports for individual donors and family foundations in collaboration with the Associate Director.
- Support colleagues in planning and executing public programs.
- Experience in direct fundraising or working with a fundraising team.
- Strong interpersonal and conversational skills.
- Relentless drive to implement strategies and achieve goals.
- Collaborative work style and ability to work independently at a high level.
- Appetite for a fast paced working environment.
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories.
- Deep passion for the work of human rights and social justice in Israel.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Salsa, or other CRM.
- Time spent living or traveling in Israel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name]: Development Officer Application.” We are looking to hire for this position immediately, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.