The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society.
The Development Operations Associate works closely with NIF’s Deputy VP of Development Operations to improve the organization’s development operations, and the performance of NIF’s development program. This role contributes to the efficient and smooth management of our back-office development work, and the enhancement of our infrastructure. This entails developing and maintaining systems, taking a lead role in new initiatives to improve our infrastructure, and supporting the organization’s fundraisers with the information, tools, and assistance they need to succeed in their roles. Tasks range from administrative to leading and implementing complex projects. The D.O. Associate serves as a resource for staff members, assisting with technology and systems issues.
- Manage projects to improve systems and data to better serve the organization and the staff
- Manage internal and external data health and optimization work
- Co-lead new development operations initiatives, including performing needs assessment, learning and planning, and managing project timelines
- Acquire in-depth understanding of development tools and technologies, to create and maintain related systems and aid and train staff members
- Create and maintain systems and protocols for development staff
- Assist with the augmentation and implementation of a prospect research program
- Support the direct mail program
- Process gifts (mailed gifts, recurring donations and rejected credit cards)
- Maintenance of the Monthly Sustainers (recurring online giving) program
- Edit donor-facing materials
- Liaise with vendors, including direct mail contractors and the caging facility
- Administrative support, including logistical support for meetings, budget tracking, submitting payment requests, scheduling, etc.
- Other duties as required by supervisor
- Energetic, intelligent generalist with a bias towards pro-active problem solving and systemic thinking, exceptional people skills, patience and perseverance
- Strong technological acumen, and adept at learning new systems. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Salsa and iWave a plus.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once
- Willing and able to do a range of tasks, including admin, research, project management and more
- Prior relevant experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing skills a plus
- Some Hebrew a plus
LOCATION: NIF’s New York Office – New York City
START DATE: August 1 or as soon as possible
NIF offers a fair-market salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package. Please send résumé with cover letter addressed to Ariella Sidelsky to [email protected] with “Development Operations Associate” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NIF. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.