The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports a network of non-governmental organizations in Israel that defends civil and human rights, promotes Jewish–Arab equality and shared existence, advances religious freedom, and bridges social and economic gaps. Visit http://www.nif.org for more information.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Development Associate supports the fundraising and program planning work of several staff members. The Development Associate reports to the NIF Director of Regional Outreach, Eastern US.
LOCATION: NIF’s New York Office
START DATE: August 15, 2015
Programs and Events:
- Provide logistical support for public and fundraising events
- Create and distribute invitations and manage RSVPs
- Draft/edit information materials (issue sheets etc.)
- Visiting speakers: Provide logistical support for speakers and delegations from Israel; create and manage effective system for coordination of visiting speakers
- Draft/edit correspondence and materials (including grant proposals)
- Update donor database (Raiser’s Edge)
- Assist Director of Regional Outreach, Eastern US in managing and coordinating with volunteer leadership
- Prospect research
- Provide information to donors on stock gifts, liaise with broker
- Answer the NIF information phone line
- Provide other administrative support as required, including but not limited to taking meeting notes, and soliciting and thanking supporters on the phone.
- Energetic, intelligent generalist with strong problem-solving skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure, and able to handle several projects at once
- Ability to work independently and be a team player; excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with and strong commitment to Israel, social justice, and NIF’s mission
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge and Salsa a plus
- Hebrew (basic spoken and reading) a plus
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit experience preferred
Please email your resume and cover letter addressed to Eyal Yerushalmi at email@example.com with “National Development Associate” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NIF. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.