The New Israel Fund is the leading human, civil, and social rights organization in Israel. For the past 35 years, NIF has invested in cutting-edge programs that advance equality and justice for all Israel's citizens. NIF has granted over $250 million to more than 800 non-profit organizations fighting for economic and social rights, religious pluralism, full equality for Arab citizens of Israel, environmental justice, and women's rights, among other issues.
The New Generations Director oversees the growing and dynamic New Generations program in the Bay Area, which aims to develop the young adult community around issues of Israel and social justice, to connect young adults to the work of NIF, and to facilitate deep and meaningful conversation about how the Bay Area Jewish community talks about Israel. New Generations is an open and vibrant community of young professionals, social activists, and community leaders in their 20s and 30s, who are committed to the work of the New Israel Fund. The New Generations Director is part of the NIF San Francisco office, and works closely with the SF office in scheduling programming and general support.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The New Generations program includes working with the New Generations Leadership Council, other leaders and consultants, designing, administering and tracking programs and events, managing an evolving Facilitation/New Generations Fellowship, fundraising within and expanding the community of New Generations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan New Generations programs for the San Francisco Bay Area Region with the SF team, lay leadership, and community partners:
- "Love, Hate, & the Jewish State"
- Educational Salons
- New Generations Israel Trip
- Fellowship events;
- Manage the New Generations Leadership Council;
- Manage the New Generations Fellowship;
- Identify and cultivate emerging leaders;
- Plan activities so as to appeal to greater numbers of individuals—from progressive but disconnected, to committed and searching for community, to conflicted about Israel;
- Cultivate prospects and solicit gifts under $1000 from New Generations donors;
- Update Regional Co-Directors on higher capacity donors;
- Develop partnerships with other Jewish communal organizations around young adult programming and promote NIF as an important partner for hosting conversations;
- Promote New Generations events and activities in Jewish and other media, and at conferences where appropriate;
- Add members to New Generations networks and email list.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Experience in fundraising, leadership development, community building and outreach;
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society;
- Capacity to understand the complexity of the Israel conversation in the American Jewish community and empathize with many different viewpoints;
- Knowledge of the Bay Area Jewish community;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with lay leaders and colleagues;
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in a timely manner;
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to multitask and manage multiple teams of volunteers and lay leadership
- Computer and web proficiency essential; comfort with social media tools; Raiser's Edge and Salsa a plus;
- Prior nonprofit work experience preferred.
Please email cover letter and resume to with "New Generations Director position" in the subject line. No phone calls please.