POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director, New England Region
LOCATION: Newton, MA
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization committed to democratic change within Israel. We believe that Israel can live up to its founders' vision of a state that ensures complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants, without regard to religion, race or gender. Widely credited with building Israel's progressive civil society from scratch, NIF has provided more than $250 million in support to more than 800 cutting-edge organizations since its inception. Through its action arm, SHATIL, NIF also mentors, trains and builds capacity of the leading activists and organizations making change in Israeli civil society.
NIF seeks a talented and creative professional with data management, outreach and facilitation experience to join our New England team full-time as Assistant Regional Director.
The Assistant Regional Director will report directly to the New England Director of the New Israel Fund.
- Data Management:
- Point person for Raisers Edge fundraising database: Maintaining donor records and pulling reports
- Point person for Salsa online marketing platform: Maintaining email contacts and managing complex targeting for local mass-email communications including event invitations
- Events: Assist New England director in planning and implementing major donor parlor meetings and public events
- New Generations:
- Develop and facilitate local initiatives and events that mobilize Boston area young professionals in their 20s/30s in collaboration with a volunteer planning group
- Continue to grow a culture of philanthropy within New Generations
- Public Presence: Communicate articulately about the New Israel Fund, its mission, policies, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances in the context of parlor meetings and general donor servicing
- Fundraising: Cultivate, solicit, thank, and steward donors giving under $1,000 with the goal of upgrading them above the $1,000 level
- Compelling interpersonal and group facilitation skills as well as ability to connect easily and sincerely with others
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully, prioritizing effectively between urgent and important tasks
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Deep passion for Israel and excitement to serve as an ambassador for NIF
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Salsa
- Medium to large scale program or event planning experience
- Fundraising experience
- Past experience working or volunteering in Israel
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter to , addressed to Mr. Stephane Acel-Green, with the subject line "[Your Name]: Assistant Director, New England Region Application." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.