Each year, six to eight post‐college Jewish young adults to spend 10 months immersed in work for social change in Israel through the New Israel Fund/SHATIL Social Justice Fellowship. These Fellowships, which include a modest stipend, place young activists in Israeli nonprofits for a year of in‐depth contribution and learning. During this time, fellows engage in monthly enrichment programs and site visits that further develop their understanding of Israel, Israeli activism, and their role as activists both in Israel and at home. The New Israel Fund is seeking an independent consultant to coordinate US-side aspects of the fellowship program. For more information about the fellowship, visit http://nif.org/sjfellowships.
The SJF Coordinator is responsible for all elements of the program in the U.S. The coordination work will be performed by a consultant on a project basis. The intensity of the project varies throughout the year, peaking during January and February and lightest during May-December.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- advertising the fellowship and overseeing the recruitment and selection processes;
- coordinating SJF Selection Committee;
- overseeing the project’s U.S.-side budget; and
- developing material for narrative and financial reports and proposals.
- Hebrew fluency
- Experience and/or familiarity with fellowship / young adult programs
- Project management experience
- Familiarity with Israel and NIF
- Superior organization skills and attention to detail
- Washington, D.C.-area location preferred
This job opening was announced in mid-March and we are hoping to select a Coordinator by mid-April. Payment for the project will be $18,000-$20,000.