The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports a network of non-governmental organizations that defends civil and human rights, promotes Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advances the status of women, fosters tolerance and pluralism, and bridges social and economic gaps in Israel. Visit www.nif.org for more information.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Development Associate supports six West Coast staff members in facilitating the New Israel Fund’s fundraising activities and general operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the San Francisco office’s general administrative operations;
- Process incoming gifts, invoices, and expenses;
- Answer phone calls, assist donors, and track gifts;
- Act as liaison between office and vendors;
- Manage all general postal mail, voicemail, and email for the San Francisco office;
- Draft correspondence and distribution materials;
- Create and disseminate San Francisco regional event emails;
- Update and manage a large donor database (Raiser's Edge);
- Create and maintain various reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities;
- Work closely with visitors, volunteers, as well as local and national NIF staff;
- Assist in coordinating fundraising events, meetings, and regional programs.
- Bachelor's degree;
- High proficiency in using the internet and web-based tools for research, MS Word, Excel and general knowledge of computer maintenance and functions required; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (or similar databases) and Salsa's database and email tools strongly preferred;
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in a timely manner;
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once;
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit work experience preferred;
- Experience and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with fundraising preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner required; ability to interact professionally with staff, donors and prospects;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, Israel, current events, and social justice issues.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.