The New Israel Fund (NIF) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports non-profit organizations that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish-Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps in Israel.
LOCATION: NIF’s New England office — Newton, MA
START DATE: Immediately
The Assistant Regional Director has three main areas of work:
- Using innovative educational programming and relationship-building, the Assistant Regional Director works with constituents in their 20’s and 30’s to create a vibrant young leadership program marked by a culture of philanthropy and meaningful conversation about how the Boston Jewish community talks about Israel.
- Helping to grow NIF’s annual campaign by stewarding, cultivating, and upgrading a file of supporters at the $1,000 level and above. Work with prospects who can contribute at that level or above.
- Working directly under the supervision of the New England Regional Director, the Assistant Regional Director is also the lead staff person that oversees the integrity and functionality of New England NIF’s information management systems through task supervision of a Development Associate.
NIF seeks a talented and creative professional with data management, outreach and facilitation experience to join our New England team full-time as Assistant Regional Director.
∗ New Generations:
- Develop and facilitate local initiatives and events that mobilize Boston area young professionals in their 20s/30s in collaboration with a volunteer planning group
- Continue to grow a culture of philanthropy within New Generations
- Staff the New Generations Committee that has representation on NIF New England’s Regional Council
- Cultivate, solicit, thank, and steward a file of donors and prospects who give or can give at the $1,000 level or above. Work includes donor meetings and calls, editing written materials, and sending personalized invitations to events
- Proof-reading proposals and reports for higher level donors, foundations, and prospects
- Work with New England Regional Director on fundraising for the Social Justice Fellowship programs through targeted direct mail, email, and phone campaigns
∗ Data Management:
The Assistant Director will manage a development associate responsible for Boston’s data in:
- Raisers Edge fundraising database: Maintaining donor records and designing and pulling reports
- Salsa Labs’ online marketing platform: Maintaining email contacts and managing complex targeting for local mass-email communications including event invitations
- iWave prospect research system: Upload event attendees in bulk to determine highest net worth prospects for follow-up
∗ Events: Work with New England director in planning and implementing donor parlor meetings and public events
∗ Public Presence: Communicate articulately about the New Israel Fund, its policies, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances in the context of parlor meetings and general donor servicing
SKILLS / QUALITIES
- Compelling interpersonal and group facilitation skills as well as ability to connect easily and sincerely with others
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully, prioritizing effectively between urgent and important tasks
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Deep passion for Israel and excitement to serve as an ambassador for NIF
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salsa Labs or other CRM system, and iWave or other prospect research system a plus
- Medium to large scale program or event planning experience
- Fundraising experience
- Past experience working or volunteering in Israel
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Mr. Stephane Acel-Green, with the subject line “[Your Name]: Assistant Director, New England Region.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.