Position title: Assistant Regional Director, Southern California Region
Location: Remote, Southern California area, LA prefered
Status: Full time, Exempt
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports non-profit organizations that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps in Israel. Read more about NIF. Read more about NIF
The Assistant Regional Director for the Southern California Region will build relationships with and steward current and prospective NIF donors at the $1,000 level and above through individual meetings, public events, small salons, and other educational programming. Working directly under the supervision of the Regional Director, this position will serve as a critical part of the team working to nurture and grow our vibrant community of NIF supporters in the area, with a special emphasis on growing our community of young adult/ “New Generations” supporters and leaders. This role will require limited travel within Southern California (San Diego to Santa Barbara). This is a full-time position and is exempt from overtime.
- Cultivate, solicit, thank, and steward a file of donors and prospects above $1,000. Work includes donor meetings and calls, editing written materials, and sending personalized invitations to events.
- Manage the preparation of proposals and reports for donors, foundations, and donor prospects.
“New Generations”/Young Adult Organizer
- Helps devise strategy for growing the community of young adults who support NIF as next generation leaders/emerging philanthropists.
- Develops and runs in person, zoom and hybrid programming, including initiating giving circles and other community-building and fundraising initiatives within New Generations.
- Assist the Regional Director in planning and implementing parlor meetings and public events.
- Communicate with event hosts, NIF grantees, and other visitors in collaboration with NIF’s Public Engagement department in preparation for events.
- Represent and persuasively advocate for the New Israel Fund, its policies, values, history, key stakeholders, and programs in the context of parlor meetings/donor events.
- Raiser’s Edge Maintain updated and accurate information for donors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge and EveryAction in partnership with the Development Assistant/Associate supporting the Southern California region.
- EveryAction/Communications Draft and edit online communications, event invitations and other updates
- iWave Work in partnership with Development Assistant/Associate to conduct prospect research.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong communications skills (verbal and written), including warmth, clarity, and ability to express compassion and empathy
- Resilient and able to perform with grace and humor under pressure
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Tremendous discretion and good judgment
- Familiarity with society and socio-economic and political challenges in Israel/Palestine.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database system preferred.
- Experience planning and executing both small and large scale events.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years experience.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000. NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision insurance; flex spending; retirement; life insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Submit PDF versions of your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject “Your Name – Assistant Regional Director – Southern CA Region.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.