POSITION TITLE: Assistant Regional Director, Washington, D.C.
STATUS: Full time, Exempt [This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit]
START DATE: September 2021
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
This position will work in NIF’s Washington, D.C. office. As COVID-19 restrictions ease, NIF employees will be returning to the office on a limited basis. The person hired for this position should expect to work in the office as NIF policy requires; they must also be comfortable working from home.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks a driven, passionate, engaging, detail-oriented individual to join the Washington, DC team as an Assistant Regional Director. The Assistant Director will work closely with the DC Regional Director in defining and fulfilling regional goals towards growth, including stewarding a robust file of donors, overseeing a New Generations (20s and 30s) program in Washington, DC, and managing events. This position reports to the Regional Director of DC and works with NIF staff across the country.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a file of donors, foundations, and prospects who give or have the potential to give between $500-$5,000 or above annually. Work includes donor meetings (in-person and virtual) and calls, and ongoing written/email communication with donors.
- Polish proposals and reports for higher level donors, foundations, and prospects in collaboration with the Regional Director and the Grants Editor & Coordinator.
- Maintain and manage the regional donor database, including supporting the Regional Director’s work by producing queries and overseeing data input. In addition, provide support for NIF Israel Travel program and NIF International Council program.
- Conduct ongoing donor and prospect research.
- Deposit checks and prepare gift reports for all donations that arrive at the DC office, and other limited admin work as needed.
- Collaborate with the Regional Director on implementing a regional leadership development strategy, including but not limited to: scheduling and planning meetings, maintaining active engagement and written correspondence with lay leaders, and preparing background materials for meetings.
Events & Public Presence:
- Work with the Regional Director on planning and implementing donor parlor meetings and public events.
- Learn the ecosystem of relevant community partners in the region (individuals, organizations, and institutions) and cultivate fruitful work relationships according to needs.
- Represent NIF in the community, and respond to community requests to feature NIF content/speakers. This may include speaking publicly on behalf of NIF.
- Effectively communicate information about NIF, its policies, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances.
- Create, manage, and track event registration pages and email invitations.
- Prepare materials for in-person public events and provide technical support for virtual events.
- Develop a regional strategy for a New Generations program in Washington, DC.
- Initiate and implement regional community outreach programs designed to engage donors and prospects in their 20s and 30s from the DC region.
- Steward and solicit regional donors in their 20s and 30s.
- Share office management responsibilities as a member of the NIF team in Washington, DC. This includes answering phone calls, receiving and sorting mail, and ensuring a welcoming office environment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years work experience
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for NIF’s mission and values
- Compelling interpersonal and group facilitation skills as well as ability to connect easily and sincerely with others
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully
- Detail-oriented, multitasking, problem-solving mindset
- Team player, collaborative worker
- Fundraising or related experience
- Experience in medium to large scale program or event planning
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction or other CRM system, a plus
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000 annually based on skills and experience. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this position will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.