POSITION TITLE: Associate Director, New York/Tri-State Region
LOCATION: New York, NY
STATUS: Full time, exempt
START DATE: Immediate
The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an engaging, passionate, and focused individual to join the New York team as Associate Director. The Associate Director will steward a robust file of donors, including major donors, serve as liaison to the NY/Tri-State Regional Council, and work closely with colleagues to grow the NIF base of support in the Tri-State region. This position reports to the Senior Director of NIF in the region and works closely with NIF staff across the country.
Helping to grow NIF’s annual campaign by stewarding, cultivating, and upgrading a file of supporters at the $1,000-$25,000 level.
- Cultivate, solicit, thank, and steward a file of donors and prospects who give or can give between $1,000-$25,000 or above. Work includes donor meetings and calls, editing written materials, and sending personalized invitations to events.
- Serve as lead fundraiser for geographic catchment areas and other affinity groups, with the region, including Westchester County, Connecticut, and Brooklyn.
- Maintain accurate records and files of work performed and donor communications.
- Finalize proposals and reports for higher level donors, foundations, and prospects in collaboration with the Senior Director and the Grants Editor & Coordinator.
Staffing NY/Tri-State Regional Council, a non-governance regional leadership group
- Implement regional leadership development strategy in collaboration with Senior Regional Director and NY/Tri-State team
- Scheduling and planning meetings
- Maintaining active engagement with this group.
Events & Public Presence:
- Work with Senior Director and Program Coordinator in planning and implementing donor parlor meetings and public events.
- Serve as lead staff for public programs and parlor meetings in identified geographic catchment areas.
- Cultivate relationships with rabbis, synagogues and relevant Jewish organizations in designated geographic regions
- Represent NIF in the community and respond to community requests locally with Israel and Jewish community groups and/or events where donors and potential donors are present. This includes speaking publicly on behalf of NIF.
- Communicate articulately about the New Israel Fund, its policies, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances in the context of parlor meetings and general donor servicing.
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Compelling interpersonal and group facilitation skills as well as ability to connect easily and sincerely with others
- Minimum 3 years relevant fundraising experience
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully, prioritizing effectively between urgent and important tasks
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Ability to serve as an enthusiastic ambassador for NIF
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction or other CRM system, and iWave or other prospect research system a plus
- Medium to large scale program or event planning experience
- Experience working or volunteering in Israel
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Position requires some management of others, previous experience a plus
REPORTING & SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Senior Director, New York / Tri-State Region and will have some supervisory responsibilities.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $95,000 USD annually. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.