The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Development Associate provides administrative support to the fundraising, programmatic, and communication work for the New England and Southern California regions, assisting each region’s staff to ensure overall success. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual; offering valuable experience working in a non-profit environment on both a Regional and National level.
LOCATION: New England Regional Office (Boston – Newton, MA)
START DATE: Immediately
- Serve as the face of NIF for people visiting and calling the New England office
- Create and target program/event invitations and track RSVPs using Every Action CRM or comparable software
- Coordinate program/event follow up
- Update and manage donor database (Raisers Edge)
- Arrange logistics for visiting speakers and guests
- Conduct prospective donor research
- Oversee completion of administrative reports; i.e. expenses, corporate credit card reconciliation
- Design database queries
- Provide ongoing administrative support as required, including office support, answering calls, ordering office supplies, managing mail, preparing the office for meetings, and assisting visitors
- Careful attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work quickly, skillfully and calmly
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Outlook) is required
- Professional experience involving administrative responsibilities – scheduling, expense reports, time sheets, etc.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Every Action, and iWave
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate of Arts degree
- 2-3 years of work experience in non-profit development and/or programming
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Stephane Acel-Green at [email protected], with “[Your Name] – Development Associate – Boston” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Any questions can be directed to Mara Berde at [email protected].