The New Israel Fund (NIF) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports non-governmental organizations that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps in Israel. Visit www.nif.org for more information.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Development Associate provides administrative support to the fundraising and programmatic work for the Southern California, New England and Chicago regions, assisting each Region’s staff to ensure overall success. The Development Associate will also assist in prospect research and office management. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual; offering valuable experience working in a non-profit environment on both a Regional and National level.
LOCATION: Los Angeles Regional Office (LA – Koreatown)
or New England Regional Office (Boston – Newton, MA)
START DATE: Immediately
- Serve as the face of NIF for people visiting and calling their region’s home office
- Create program/event invitations and track RSVPs using Salsa Labs or comparable software
- Coordinate program/event follow up
- Update and manage donor database (Raisers Edge)
- Arrange logistics for visiting speakers and guests
- Conduct prospective donor research
- Oversee completion of administrative reports; i.e. expenses, corporate credit card reconciliation
- Proof reading of grant proposals and donor reports
- Design database queries
- Other administrative support as required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Salsa Labs, and iWave preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of work experience in non-profit development and/or programming preferred
- Professional experience involving administrative responsibilities – scheduling, expense reports, time sheets, etc.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Careful attention to detail
- Sharp writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work quickly, skillfully and calmly
- Work-style that is both frank and thoughtful
- Knowledge of Israel and/or the American Jewish Community a plus
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com, with “[Your Name]: Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.