POSITION TITLE: Development Associate, National Outreach
LOCATION: New York, NY
This position will work in NIF’s New York office, located in Manhattan. As COVID-19 restrictions ease, NIF employees will be returning to the office on a limited basis. The person hired for this position should expect to work in the office as NIF policy requires; they must also be comfortable working from home and traveling occasionally.
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
START DATE: Immediate
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an engaging, focused, and reliable professional to serve as a Development Associate and support our national fundraising efforts. The Development Associate will serve as the right hand to the Director of Outreach and Major Gifts, providing invaluable support to their fundraising, public engagement, and community relations work in cities around the U.S. Based in New York, this position provides crucial administrative functions and is a key member of the National Outreach teams, actively supporting the growth of NIF’s donor base and presence in cities around the country where NIF does not have on-site staff.
- Support National Outreach fundraising and outreach events
- Working with donor database, including recordkeeping, updates, research, and running reports
- Help steward donor portfolio for gifts ranging from $500-$1,000 remotely, including solicitation and thank you calls
- Conducting prospect research and manage the donor prospect pipeline
- Providing meticulous donor care, including responding to phone calls, emails, and other correspondence as needed
- Supporting the day-to-day operations for the Regional Directors; acting as first point of contact, screening calls, inquiries, and requests, preparing materials for meetings, coordinating calendars, and making travel arrangements as needed
- Providing support for grant proposals and reports for NOEFL and NOW teams, including managing deadlines and files, gathering information for submissions, preparing and editing documents
- Providing logistical and technical support for public and fundraising events, including creating distribution lists, managing registration, email correspondences, and mailing invitations
- Preparing invoices and expense reports
- Providing ongoing administrative support as required
- Working collaboratively with local and national NIF staff
- Attending events as needed, including occasional out-of-state travel
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years equivalent & relevant work experience
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to manage several projects at one time
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, problem-solve, and be a team player
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage several projects at one time while meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor, and the ability to work well with colleagues and volunteers
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, iWave and basic HTML skills a plus
- Competency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, general Drive organization)
- Experience in creating and analyzing spreadsheets
- Strong writing skills
- Commitment to NIF’s issues and values
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society
REPORTING & SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS
This position reports to the Director of Outreach, Eastern US and the Deputy VP of Regional Development.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position $46,000 – $50,000 annually based on level of education, skill and experience. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.