POSITION TITLE: Development Associate, New York/Tri-State Region
LOCATION: New York, NY
STATUS: Full time, non-exempt
START DATE: Immediate
The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an engaging, focused and reliable professional to join the New York/Tri-State team as Development Associate. The Development Associate serves as the right hand to the Senior Director, providing invaluable support to the NY team, and has the presence to interact and interface with our major donors. The Development Associate provides direct support for the Senior Director as well as development, programmatic, and general administrative support to the New York/Tri-State team.
- Support New York/Tri-State region’s fundraising campaign and annual event programming
- Manage all fundraising support throughout the year, including tracking donations and acknowledgements
- Conduct prospect research and manage the donor prospect pipeline
- Provide meticulous donor care, including responding to phone calls and emails, writing and mailing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed
- Work with donor database, including recordkeeping, updates, research, and running reports
- Support the day-to-day operations for the Senior Director; act as first point of contact, screening telephone calls, inquiries and requests, coordinate calendar and travel arrangements as needed
- Prepare invoices and expense reports
- Support Senior Director and NY development staff in briefing for meetings and tracking follow up
- Provide support for grant proposals and reports for New York team, including managing deadlines, preparing, and editing correspondence
- Coordinate NY staff meetings, grantee briefings, and NY team participation in national and international events and conference calls
- Assist in daily office support, such as answering phones and greeting visitors, processing checks and preparing gift forms
- Work collaboratively with local and national NIF staff
- Work in-person in the office as COVID-19 restrictions ease and as NIF policy provides
SKILLS AND QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years equivalent & relevant work experience
- Detail oriented, organized, able to manage several projects at one time
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, meet deadlines and be a team player
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor and the ability to work well with colleagues and volunteers
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, iWave and HTML skills a plus.
- Competency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, general Drive organization); experience in creating and analyzing spreadsheets
- Strong writing skills
- Commitment to NIF’s issues and values
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society
REPORTING & SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
The position reports to the Senior Director, NY/Tri-State Region.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
The salary range for this position $46,000 – $50,000 annually based on level of education, skill and experience. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Please email cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.