The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an engaging, passionate, and focused individual to join the New York/Tri-State team as Development Associate. The Development Associate serves as the right hand to the Senior Director, providing invaluable support to the NY team. You will be the forward-facing face, voice and tone for the Senior Director and NY team and have the presence to interact and interface with our major donors and their staff. The Development Associate provides provide direct support for the Senior Director as well as development, programmatic, and general administrative support to the New York team.
LOCATION: New York, NY
START DATE: Monday, July 1, 2019
- Support New York/Tri-State region’s fundraising campaign and annual event programming
- Manage all fundraising support throughout the year, including, tracking donations, prospect research, etc.
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the Senior Director. Act as first point of contact – screen telephone calls, inquiries and requests, and manage or refer as appropriate, coordinate calendar and travel arrangements as needed.
- Prepare invoices and expense reports as requested.
- Support Senior Director and NY development staff in briefing for meetings and tracking follow up.
- Provide meticulous donor care, including writing and mailing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence as needed.
- Manage and update donor database, including research, recordkeeping and running reports.
- Grant proposal and report support for New York team, including preparing and editing correspondence, reports and proposals, sometimes from scratch.
- Coordinate NY staff meetings, grantee briefings, and NY team participation in national and international events and conference calls.
- Assist in daily office support, such as answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Support regional development and New Generations programming.
- Work closely with visitors, volunteers, as well as local and national NIF staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- BA/BS degree.
- Commitment to NIF’s issues and values.
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner, and understand the complex nature of Israeli society.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be a team player.
- Strong writing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor and the ability to work well with lay leaders and colleagues.
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, iWave and HTML skills a plus.
- Fluency in Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
- Hebrew a plus
The position reports to the Senior Director, NY/Tri-State Region.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
NIF offers a fair-market salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Please email cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with “[Your Name] NY Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes please.