The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports a network of non-governmental organizations that defends civil and human rights, promotes Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advances the status of women, fosters tolerance and pluralism, and bridges social and economic gaps in Israel.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Development Associate will assume responsibility for all aspects of support for the New Israel Fund’s public programming, development, and communication in the Bay Area. Reporting to the Bay Area Regional Director and working closely with the San Francisco team, the Development Associate will support and be a part of the regional programs, goals and growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the San Francisco region’s fundraising campaign and annual event programming;
- Facilitate speaker events with activists from NIF grantee organizations – assisting in all aspects of event and meeting coordination;
- Function as main support staff for annual fundraising gala of 400-500 attendees;
- Manage all fundraising support throughout the year, including processing gifts, tracking donations, seeking out prospects, etc;
- Assist in daily office management like answering phones, acting as a vendor liaison; ordering supplies, getting mail, etc.
- Draft correspondence and distribution materials;
- Create and disseminate San Francisco regional event emails;
- Update and manage a large donor database (Raiser’s Edge);
- Create and maintain various reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities;
- Work closely with visitors, volunteers, as well as local and national NIF staff;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manner required; ability to interact professionally with staff, donors and prospects;
- Familiarity with and interest in Israel, current events, human rights and social justice issues;
- High proficiency in using the internet and web-based tools for research, MS Word, Excel and general knowledge of computer maintenance and functions required;
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and in a timely manner;
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once;
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit work experience a plus;
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge (or similar database) and any email marketing platform a plus, as is basic knowledge of HTML.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected], with “Development Associate Position” in the subject line, addressed to Orli Bein, San Francisco Regional Director.