The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an engaging, passionate, and focused individual to join the greater Washington team as a Development Associate. The Washington Development Associate works closely with the Regional Director and will take an active role in defining and fulfilling regional goals towards growth. The Development Associate will assume responsibility for all aspects of support for NIF’s public programming, development, and communication in the Greater Washington region, as well as managing the office’s administrative needs.
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
START DATE: Immediately
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Washington region’s fundraising campaign and ongoing event programming.
- Manage all fundraising support throughout the year. Including tracking donations, managing database entries and generating reports, prospect research, preparing for donor calls, etc.
- Manage a portfolio of donors, including solicitation and thank you calls. Engaging with donors and supporters in person and over the phone. Answering relevant questions, completing gift forms, and tracking gifts.
- Draft and edit correspondence and materials, including grant proposals and reports.
- Assist Washington Director in managing and coordinating volunteer Leadership Council.
- Initiate and implement community outreach with donors and prospects in their 20s and 30s.
- Provide ongoing administrative support as required, including office support, answering calls, ordering office supplies, managing mail, preparing the office for meetings, and assisting visitors.
SKILLS / QUALITIES:
- The ideal candidate will be interested in learning about and pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector and/or fundraising and development.
- 2-3 years of work experience preferred.
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Project management skills, including planning, budgeting, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Energetic with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong writing and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with and committed to Israel, social justice, and able to articulate NIF’s mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and EveryAction is a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Please send cover letter and resume to Tali Herskowitz at [email protected], with “[Your Name]: DC Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.