The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy in Israel. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters worldwide who believe in a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. To this end, we support Israeli activists and organizations who work to advance democracy, human rights, social justice, shared society, and religious freedom and who work to combat the occupation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE:
NIF seeks a highly organized, passionate and focused individual to join the New York team as a development officer. The development officer will manage our annual fundraising campaign, steward existing donors and grow the NIF base of support in the NY/Tri-State region. This position reports to the Senior Director of NIF in the region and works closely with NIF staff across the country.
LOCATION: NIF’s New York City office
- Work closely with the Senior Director to play a key role in managing the annual fundraising campaign
- Track actual progress of fundraising programs toward campaign and fiscal year goals;
- Analyze and improve fundraising performance through the design, implementation, and interpretation of operational reports.
- Manage prospect research in support of regional fundraising efforts
- Steward a robust portfolio of donors
- Develop and support geographic catchment areas or other affinity groups
- Work with colleagues to strategize, plan and staff public programs
Successful candidates will have strong skills in data analytics, excellent interpersonal and conversational skills, a track record of creative problem solving and a strong drive to implement strategies and achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Non-profit Management, Public Administration or Business Administration preferred
- Experience in direct fundraising or working with a fundraising team
- Collaborative work style and ability to work independently at a high level
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with data systems
- Aptitude for the management and effective use of information systems in support of a development program
- Appetite for a fast paced working environment
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Deep passion for the work of human rights and social justice in Israel
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, Salsa, or other CRM.
- Time spent living or traveling in Israel.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name]: Development Officer Application.” We are looking to hire for this position immediately, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.