POSITION TITLE: Digital Content Associate
LOCATION: Remote, Eastern Time Zone
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt, union position
START DATE: Immediate – job posted in August 2022
The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a just society that is truly shared by every Israeli.
We’re looking for a creative, flexible Digital Content Associate with great graphic production and social media expertise to help us engage our large audience of Americans who share our commitment to democracy and equality in Israel. While pushing the envelope for social media engagement, you’ll help us create videos, audio clips, graphics and find new ways to tell our story and the incredible stories of our grantees, who are at the forefront of the most important social justice issues in Israel.
As the Digital Content Associate, you will be the primary owner of NIF’s visual brand. You will be doing content creation for one of the most recognized progressive Israel organizations in the US. You will be the primary person responsible for designing visual and graphic assets that help enhance NIF’s brand on social media across priority platforms, the web, and among our many affiliate offices around the world. This means establishing a consistent look, feel, and tone for all digital content.
The Digital Content Associate will work as part of the Public Engagement department, reporting to the Director of Digital Media.
This position has the option to be hybrid (if based in New York or DC) or fully remote, working on Eastern Time Zone hours.
- Produce cutting-edge video, photo, and editorial content for distribution across channels that promote NIF’s work and the work of our grantees
- Serve as the primary owner of NIF’s visual brand – enforcing guidelines and making design/branding material accessible throughout the organization
- Produce digital content for virality, presence, and list growth
- Manage photo library and array of digital assets for use across NIF
- Develop digital campaigns to engage new audiences and promote NIF’s work
- Collaborate across departments to produce content for NIF’s website
- Design social media graphics and/or collaborate with design vendors to produce materials like NIF’s annual report, print products, and gala design for use across the organization
- Assist regional staff with occasional communication needs including layout, design, writing, editing, or press outreach
Social Media Strategy
- Identify and execute new strategies for growing our social media following with key audiences
- Identify and execute on opportunities for testing content and tactics across social media channels
- Identify and execute new strategies for deepening engagement
Social Media Management
- Produce content for NIF’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms in collaboration with the rest of the Public Engagement Department
- Be creative and exploratory with various other NIF content (NIF newsletter “stories”, policy briefs, published op-eds) to maximize visibility across platforms
- Train NIF staff in best practices for social media management
- Exceptional skills with Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design tool
- Proven expertise with key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Intermediate proficiency with video and audio editing
- Experience producing digital visual content or social media for a non-profit, campaign, or at an agency
- Familiarity with social and political issues in Israel and the occupied territories
- Familiarity with best practices and innovations in social media and other digital spaces
- Strong organizational skills, including the capacity to work on various projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience creatively telling stories using multi-media means and platforms
- Demonstrated project management and implementation experience
- Ability to collaborate across departments and teams in service of a complex, fast-moving organization
- Experience with livestreaming on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram is a plus
- Hebrew language skills are a plus, but not required
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
The salary range for this position is $56K –$61K USD annually. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email your resume, cover letter, and a work sample — e.g., email campaigns, social media posts, a video, a great piece of writing, or another exciting piece of digital content — to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund promotes diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace and believes it is important for our continuing success. We strongly encourage applications from all individuals, in particular women, non-binary people, and people of color, as well as applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.