The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a just society that is truly shared by every Israeli.
We’re looking for a creative, flexible Digital Media Associate with great writing skills and social media expertise to help us engage our large audience of Americans who share our commitment to democracy and equality in Israel. While pushing the envelope for social media engagement, you’ll help us find new ways to tell our story and the incredible stories of our grantees, who are at the forefront of the most important social justice issues in Israel.
As the Digital Media Associate, you will be an online voice and content creator for one of the most recognized progressive organizations. You will be the primary person responsible for building and maintaining NIF’s social media presence across priority platforms and establishing a consistent look, feel, and tone for all social media content. With a heavy graphic design and visual perspective, the Digital Media Associate will hold brand/look/feel beyond the online space.
The Digital Media Associate will work as part of the Digital Communications Team within the Public Engagement Department, reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy. This position is located in either NIF’s Washington, D.C. office or our New York City office.
- Social Media Strategy:
- Identify and execute new strategies for growing our social media following with key audiences
- Identify and execute on opportunities for testing content and tactics across social media channels
- Identify and execute new strategies for deepening engagement
- Social Media Management:
- Manage NIF’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms
- Train NIF staff in best practices for social media management
- Content Production:
- Produce digital content for virality, presence, and list growth
- Develop digital campaigns to engage new audiences and promote NIF’s work
- Edit and manage production of bi-weekly email newsletter
- Collaborate across departments to produce content for NIF’s website
- Produce cutting-edge video, photo, and editorial content for distribution across channels that promotes NIF’s work and the work of our grantees
- Assist with occasional print materials for distribution across the organization
- Design social media graphics and/or collaborate with design vendors to produce
- Assist regional staff with occasional communication needs including layout, design, writing, editing, or press outreach
- Exceptional writing skills
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design tool
- Proven expertise with key social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Video editing skills (beginner to intermediate)
- 2-4 years managing or producing digital content or social media for a non-profit, campaign, or at an agency
- Familiarity with social and political issues in Israel and the occupied territories
- Familiarity with best practices and innovations in social media
- Experience using social media analytics to improve performance
- Strong organizational skills, including the capacity to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience creatively telling stories using multiple means and platforms
- Demonstrated project management and implementation experience
- Ability to collaborate across departments and teams in service of a complex, fast-moving organization
- Experience with livestreaming on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram is a plus
- Hebrew language skills are a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
NIF offers a salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a work sample — e.g., email campaigns, social media posts, a video, a great piece of writing, or another exciting piece of digital content — to [email protected] with “[Your Name]: Digital Media Associate” in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The New Israel Fund promotes diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace and believes it is important for our continuing success. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals, in particular women, non-binary people and people of color.