LOCATION: Remote; Eastern Time Zone
START DATE: Immediate
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports non-profit organizations that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps in Israel.
As NIF’s new Digital Production Specialist, you will be responsible for production of the organization’s emails, maintenance of our website, management of our digital database/CRM. You will play an important leadership role in other creative, technical projects. The Digital Production Specialist is part of the Digital Team within the Public Engagement (PE) Department.
The PE Department is in charge of all of NIF’s outward facing work in the US. We are looking for a candidate with the right combination of technical skills, familiarity with non-profit digital strategy and infrastructure, and interpersonal skills. This position will work in close collaboration with our social media, program, and content teams, as well as our event teams and fundraising team.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the organization’s main website (NIF.org) and 2-3 microsites. Maintenance includes posting frequent updates of news and other materials and working with a web development vendor on new features or new microsites.
- Coding and distributing bulk emails including a twice-monthly newsletter (NIF News)
- Creating email templates and forms for wider use;
- Monitoring our web server and site technical performance in coordination with IT and development vendors;
- Responsible for the organization’s digital CRM database (EveryAction/Bonterra) including its uses for outreach, as well as the health of our data, regular updates and upgrades to our data maintenance, and evaluation of the infrastructure;
- Primary responsibility for reporting on email performance and data analytics about our digital program for engagement, growth, and fundraising;
- Working with Public Engagement staff and vendors to design and implement technical improvements to website design;
- Working closely with the Director of Digital Strategy and the Public Engagement Department to develop and evaluate fundraising/advocacy campaigns, grow our supporter base, analyze metrics, and recommend new strategies;
- Advising the VP for Public Engagement, Director of Digital Strategy, and executive staff on new technology to assist in achievement of organizational goals;
- Coordinate with Israeli and other international affiliate communications staff on substantive updates and changes to website content;
- Liaising with NIF’s regional offices, providing technical training and advice, and acting as the main point of contact for website and bulk email messages.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 2-3 years of CRM management, email program management, and data analysis work – preferably at a non-profit organization or political campaign or agency;
- Proven website management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with WordPress and EveryAction/Bonterra, or similar non-profit CMS and CRM platforms;
- Proficiency with HTML (both for web and for email) and CSS
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Extremely detail-oriented;
- Familiarity with website best practices and innovations;
- Excellent team skills but capable of working independently and being self-motivated;
- Solution-oriented mindset;
- You’re a happy warrior. You believe in hard work, but not at the expense of a well-balanced life and a good sense of humor.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Understanding of web metrics and experience using web analytics to improve performance;
- Familiarity with Photoshop;
- Demonstrated project management and implementation experience;
- Ability to collaborate across departments and teams in service of a complex organization;
- Familiarity with social and political issues in Israel and the occupied territories is a plus;
- Hebrew and/or Arabic language skills are a plus.
REPORTING & SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
The Digital Production Specialist is a non-supervisory role and reports to the Director of Digital Strategy.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
The salary range for this position begins at $72K USD annually. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email. Please only apply if you have the qualifications (especially the hard digital skills) and not if these are skills you are hoping to learn on the job.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.