The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
LOCATION: New York, NY
START DATE: Immediate
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
NIF seeks a friendly, organized, and motivated individual to serve as the Executive Assistant and Office Coordinator in our New York office. This role provides invaluable support to the NY based staff, as well as executive support for the VP of Public Engagement. You will be the forward-facing voice for the New York headquarters so should have the presence to interact and interface with major donors. You will provide direct support for the VP of Public Engagement and carry the responsibility for all aspects of administering the NIF New York office. We work hard to create and maintain a healthy and happy workplace culture in the office, and you will play a large role in setting and maintaining that tone.
RESPONSIBILITIES – OFFICE SUPPORT:
- Support the New York office: answer telephones and door, manage office calendar, and coordinate staff meetings and celebrations
- Oversee and maintain the office: order and keep inventory of office supplies, stationary, and NIF materials; maintenance of office equipment
- Order food and maintain office and kitchen appearance with an eye to major donor visits and in-office events
- Process incoming gift forms and donations
- Manage outgoing and incoming mail
- Liaise with building management and appropriate vendors regarding facilities and maintenance
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Maintain and check various office email boxes, responding to donor and prospect requests and queries as needed
- Provide additional support as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES – EXECUTIVE SUPPORT FOR VP OF PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT:
- Manage schedule and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements, serving as liaison with travel agency
- Prepare invoices and expense reports as requested
- Proofread and edit materials for Public Engagement team as needed
- Support the overall functioning of the Public Engagement team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years work experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, steady demeanor, and the ability to work well with colleagues
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Capable of working independently, meeting deadlines, and being a team player
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to represent NIF in an articulate and compelling manner
- Computer proficiency essential; Raiser’s Edge and Every Action skills a plus
- Ability to manage several projects at one time
- Commitment to NIF’s issues and values
- Knowledge of Hebrew a plus
The position reports to the Associate Director, NY/Tri-State Region.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The range for this salaried non-exempt position is $45,000 – $50,000 annually. Additionally, NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes substantial employer contributions for medical, dental, vision, life, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance; an employee assistance program; flex spending; a 403(b) retirement plan; an additional employer retirement plan to which NIF makes contributions after two years of service; paid holidays (Jewish and secular); paid parental leave of 12 weeks; sick leave of up to 20 days.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume, with the subject line “[Your Name]: NY Exec Assistant & Office Coordinator,” to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.