The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
Reporting to the Deputy VP of Development Operations, the position is responsible for editing and managing the production of proposals and reports for donors and foundations in the US. The position requires close editing of proposals and reports, managing timelines and maintaining careful records, and liaising with NIF’s Israel-based team of researchers and writers as well as with regionally based fundraising staff in the US. Proposals cover the gamut of work undertaken by NIF, from general support to targeted work on specific campaigns or programs. Close coordination between the Israel-based programs and writing teams, the US-based development staff and the finance department is essential.
LOCATION: Preference for New York City; alternatively DC, Boston, San Francisco or LA
START DATE: Immediately
- Edit written reports, proposals, and budgets to funder requirements, collaborating with the program and writing teams as needed
- Manage calendar of reports and proposals, and the production of materials to meet funder requirements
- Organize all requests for new, tailored donor-facing writing
- Maintain and update supplementary materials for proposals
- Manage organizational archives of proposal materials
- Assist Israeli grantee NGOs in submitting grant proposals to US-based foundations
- Excellent editing skills and highly skilled in editing for content, language, clarity and engagement
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Energetic problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills, patience and perseverance
- Prior relevant experience preferred
- Hebrew a significant plus
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
NIF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample (preferably proposal/s, but other content also accepted, no longer than 6 pages) to Ariella Sidelsky via [email protected], with the subject line “[Your Name]: Grants Coordinator.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.