POSITION TITLE: Writer and Storyteller
LOCATION: Preference for New York City; open to any location willing to work on East Coast time zone
STATUS: Full time, exempt
START DATE: Immediate
The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
As part of the Public Engagement team, which is in charge of all NIF’s outward facing work in the US, the position is responsible for writing, editing and innovating our communications and marketing materials. This includes emails, newsletters, and writing for our website. It also includes print materials like brochures, annual reports, and achievements documents. Finally, it may include occasional speech-writing, event scripting and other kinds of content creation. This position will work in close collaboration with our digital and social media teams, as well as our regional and national event teams, and our proposal-writers in Israel and the US.
- Write beautiful, punchy, compelling content for print marketing and external communications materials like brochures, annual reports, and achievements pages
- Write cutting edge web content about change-making in Israel and the work of NIF
- Employing best practices for email marketing, write and edit a variety of different types of emails including event invitations, fundraising appeals, and urgent action alerts
- Review and edit content produced by our Israeli counterparts and/or other leaders within our global organization
- Maintain a workflow and oversight system for content related to events throughout the organization including invitations and follow-ups, plus occasional scripting
- Collaborate with grant-writing teams to pull content and adapt it for marketing and communications purposes
- Collaborate with the social media team to add creative and compelling content to the visual and graphic material we create and promote
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-8 years of experience crafting compelling written products for a non-profit organization, NGO, political campaign, or in an agency setting
- Exceptional writing skills with preference for prior experience writing for any/all of the following: web, email, marketing
- Excellent editing skills and highly skilled in editing for content, language, clarity and engagement
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage several projects at once
- Familiarity with political realities at play in Israel and the occupied territories, and a passion for NIF’s mission
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equality
- Energetic problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills, patience and perseverance,
- Hebrew fluency a significant plus, Arabic proficiency a plus
- Background in writing for campaigns and digital marketing, public policy, or related field a plus
SALARY AND COMPENSATION:
The salary range for this position is $50K– $75K USD annually commensurate with experience, qualification and skills. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email resume, cover letter, and writing sample/s as PDFs to [email protected] In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.