The New Israel Fund (NIF) works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports a network of non-governmental organizations in Israel that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared existence, advance religious freedom, and bridge social and economic gaps.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Development Associate works closely with NIF’s Director of Outreach, Eastern US, to advance NIF’s fundraising, program and community relations goals in cities where NIF does not have on-site staff. The National Development Associate will take an active role in working towards goals for growth of our donor base and presence in these regions.
LOCATION: NIF’s New York City Office
START DATE: Immediately
Programs and Events:
- Provide logistical support for public and fundraising events
- Create and distribute email and mail invitations and manage RSVPs
- Draft/edit event materials
- Attend events as needed, including occasional travel
- Draft/edit correspondence and materials (including grant proposals)
- Update donor database (Raiser’s Edge) and generate reports
- Assist Director of Outreach, Eastern US, in managing and coordinating with volunteer leadership
- Track department budget and revenues
- Prospect and donor research
- Answer the NIF information phone line as needed
- Help steward donor portfolio for gifts ranging from $500-$1,000 remotely, including solicitation and thank you calls
- Provide administrative support as required, including but not limited to taking meeting notes, expense reports
- The ideal candidate will be interested in learning about and pursuing a career in fundraising and development
- Energetic, intelligent generalist with strong problem-solving skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure, and able to handle several projects at once
- Ability to work independently and be a team player; excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with and strong commitment to Israel, social justice, and NIF’s mission
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree. 2-3 years of work experience in non-profit development and/or programming strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency essential; Microsoft Office; Raiser’s Edge, Salsa and iWave a plus
- Hebrew (basic spoken and reading) a plus
- Prior office management experience and/or nonprofit experience preferred
Please email your cover letter and resume addressed to Eyal Yerushalmi c/o Sarah Temmer to firstname.lastname@example.org with “National Development Associate” in the subject line. Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NIF. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.