The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The National Development Associate reports directly to the VP of Development, providing comprehensive support for the national development program. This position works closely with the development operations staff and the Director of Planned Giving, with opportunities to interface with regional and Israeli fundraising staff, donors, and community members. Working in the Executive Office provides additional opportunities for professional development and exposure to high-level fundraising operations. The ideal candidate will be highly-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, strong on follow-through and relationship-building, and an excellent writer and editor.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
START DATE: Immediately
- Oversee VP of Development’s calendar, schedule calls and meetings, coordinate travel schedule and logistics, process expense reports, and provide administrative support where needed.
- Work directly with VP of Development and regional fundraisers on foundation grants by editing reports and proposals and assembling all necessary supplementary materials.
- Support the Director of Planned Giving by processing and acknowledging legacy gifts, organizing and updating planned giving records, tracking donors and gifts, managing special projects, and strategizing for upcoming campaigns.
- Assist the VP of Finance and Operations with managing, tracking, and acknowledging donor-advised fund (DAF) gifts.
- Process and acknowledge all stock gifts.
- Process and oversee the mailing of all major donor acknowledgments from the Office of the CEO.
- Create and update board materials related to development, including onboarding documents for incoming board members.
- Utilize a CRM to identify and analyze donor trends, track relationships with donors, and run reports for fundraising staff, as needed.
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, resourceful;
- Agile and comfortable in transitioning between and managing many projects;
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs; familiarity with databases — particularly Raiser’s Edge—preferred;
- Comfortable and skilled at interacting with a wide variety of people;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-2 years of experience preferred;
- Familiarity with and interest in Israel, social justice, and NIF’s mission preferred.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected], with “[Your Name] – National Development Associate – SF” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Any questions can be directed to Mara Berde at [email protected].