The New Israel Fund (NIF) helps Israel live up to its founders’ vision of a state that ensures complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants. Our aim is to advance liberal democracy, including freedom of speech and minority rights, and to fight inequality, injustice, and extremism that diminish Israel. Read more about NIF
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The National Development Coordinator reports directly to the VP of Development, providing comprehensive support with a special focus on the grant-writing process. This position works closely with the development operations staff and the Director of Planned Giving, with opportunities to interface with regional fundraising staff, SF Bay Area donors, and community members. Working in the Executive Office provides additional opportunities for professional development and exposure to high-level fundraising operations. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, strong on follow-through and relationship building, and an excellent writer.
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
- Work directly with VP of Development and regional fundraisers on foundation grant writing by editing reports and proposals, and assembling all necessary financial and legal supplementary materials
- Manage the process for storing and updating all financial and legal documents for foundation grant proposals
- Oversee VP of Development’s calendar, schedule calls and meetings, coordinate travel schedule and logistics, and provide administrative support where needed
- Support the Director of Planned Giving by processing legacy gifts, organizing and updating the Planned Giving records, and strategizing for upcoming campaigns
- Draft, edit, and oversee the mailing of all major donor, IRA gift, and stock gift acknowledgments from the Office of the CEO
- Utilize a CRM to identify and analyze donor trends, track relationships with donors, and run reports for fundraising staff, as needed
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, resourceful;
- Agile and comfortable in transitioning between and managing many projects;
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs;
- familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- familiarity with Salsa Labs (or other CRM) preferred;
- Comfortable and skilled at interacting with a wide variety of people;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-2 years of experience preferred;
- Familiarity with and strong commitment to Israel, social justice, and NIF’s mission.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter with the subject line “Your Name – SF Natl Development Coordinator” to email@example.com.