The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports nonprofit social change organizations in Israel that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps. Read more about NIF
NIF seeks an organized, passionate, and focused individual to join the Public Engagement Team as the National Program Coordinator and the department’s Chief of Staff. The Coordinator is an anchor for the whole Public Engagement team and New York program team, providing dynamic, friendly, invaluable planning, management and implementation support. The National Program Coordinator will oversee national programs including logistics, internal communications, partner coordination and materials. The National Program Coordinator works with regional teams — New York in particular — to support national programs in the region. This includes peak skills and interest in creative event management. The Coordinator is also the project management backbone of the whole Public Engagement team. Most of all, this job is about systems – creating them, using them, and getting others to use them.
LOCATION: NIF’s New York City Office
START DATE: Immediately
- Provide key support for NIF’s public presence, including planning and coordinating visiting speakers and grantees to the US;
- Provide event operations guidance for major national NIF events – including Guardian of Democracy Dinner in San Francisco and other events.
- Manage the annual cycle of all NIF fellowships – the NIF/Shatil Social Justice Fellowship, the Naomi Chazan Global Activism Fellowship, and the Elissa Froman Rabbinic Fellowship.
- Project manage the development of print materials to be used at national and regional events;
- Assist in the planning and implementation of New York area programming with national relevance, including brainstorming sessions, managing logistics, and staffing events
- Oversee learning opportunities for NIF stakeholders with NIF grantees and other experts by video-conference, conference call and in writing;
- Plan and implement Public Engagement team gatherings and calls.
NIF offers a fair-market salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Shannon Reimers via firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “[Your Name]: Natl Program Coordinator App.”
The application deadline for this position is Friday, May 25.