LOCATION: New York, NY
START DATE: Immediate
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society. Read more about NIF
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
NIF seeks an entrepreneurial, experienced, and creative fundraising professional with major gift experience to lead the effort to grow and reinforce NIF’s presence throughout the NY/ Tri-State Area. The Regional Director will work with NIF’s existing donors in the region, reaching out to potential new supporters – both individuals and foundations – and representing the organization in the greater New York community as the leading organization for those seeking to advance democracy and equality in Israel.
- Oversee and implement a comprehensive cultivation and fundraising plan for the region, with measurable goals for total revenue and number of donors
- Steward a robust file of major donors
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new major donor prospects of $25,000+
- Identify, cultivate, and help solicit prospects for endowment and legacy giving in collaboration with NIF’s planned giving director
- Manage the NY regional team of 3-4 staff, including overseeing regional fundraising and interfacing with other departments.
- Manage and strengthen a regional council of volunteer leaders
- Represent NIF in New York Community forums as appropriate
- Deepen NIF’s presence and help cultivate organizational relationships in coordination with the Public Engagement Department
- Design a regional NIF event strategy and supervise its execution in collaboration with NIF’s Public Engagement team and local volunteers
- Strategize and oversee regional New Generations efforts, working with the national New Generations program staff
- Edit and finalize written materials, reports, and proposals for funding consideration, working with the grantwriting team
- Contribute to the national development team’s efforts to collectively build knowledge, strategize, and seek and provide support and advice
The position requires a person both with an outstanding understanding of contemporary Israel and a proven track-record as a major gift fundraiser; a strategic thinker who sees the potential for NIF’s continued growth, who has an ability to communicate NIF’s mission in public forums, and who has experience working with and mobilizing volunteer leadership. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, have strong organizational and management skills, have solid written communication skills, have knowledge of and experience with progressive Jewish communities in the NY/Tri-State Area, and will have a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
The position is located in New York, NY. Applicants from other remote locations will not be considered. This position requires occasional travel to Israel.
REPORTING & SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIPS:
This position reports to the VP of Development, and works closely with NIF’s Public Engagement, Communications, and Fundraising staff, and the NIF Executive Team.
The Regional Director will supervise a team of professionals including an Associate Director, a Development and Program Officer, and a Development Associate.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $148,000 – $167,000 USD annually. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; dependent coverage; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
Email cover letter and resume as PDFs to [email protected]. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and job will remain posted until filled. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer.