Yafa- Nazareth, Israel
- Born in 1958 to a family originally from Ma’alul, a village destroyed in 1948, living now in Yafa- Nazareth, in the Galilee, with his wife and three children.
- Involved for many years in political and social activity, first as head of National Committee of Arab-Israeli High School Students, later as head of the Arab Students’ Committee at Haifa University.
- Active in various Jewish-Arab movements
- Editor of the youth newspaper in Arabic, Al-Jad.
- In the early 2000s, secretary general of the political party Hadash (Democratic Front for Peace and Equality).
- Since 2011 Op-ed columnist for Haaretz newspaper.
- Published novels:
- The Streets of Zatunia was published in Arabic (2007), Hebrew (2009), Finnish language (2015).
- The Novel received a positive criticism both among Arabs and Jews. Former President Shimon Peres said that the Novel reminds him of the famous Jewish writer Sholom Aleichem.
- Donia in Arabic (2016), currently under translation into Hebrew, to be published by Am-Oved Publishing.