Tell Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: Stop embittering the lives of asylum seekers
“We will make the lives of infiltrators bitter until they leave.”
– Former Israeli Minister of the Interior Eli Yishai
“The Egyptians embittered their lives with harsh labor.”
“If we don’t stop their entry, the problem that currently stands at 60,000 could grow to 600,000, and that threatens our existence.”
– Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
“The Israelites have become far too numerous for us. Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous and, if war breaks out, will join our enemies.”
Pharaoh, Exodus 1:9-10
As we plan our seders, the Israeli government wants to deport tens of thousands of African asylum seekers.
Join NIF and our partners T’ruah, HIAS, and Right Now in sending a piece of maror (bitter herbs) to the Israeli Embassy to let Prime Minister Netanyahu know that we refuse to allow this bitterness to move forward. #NoMoreMaror
Here’s what you do:
- Grab a piece of maror (horseradish root, romaine lettuce, or endive) and an envelope. Write #NoMoreMaror on the envelope.
- Download and print this page (PDF). Add your own note if you’d like, and put the page and the maror into the envelope.
- Take a selfie with your package and post the photo on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Remember to include #NoMoreMaror and to tag @IsraelinUSA @RightNowIsrael @TruahRabbis @NewIsraelFund and @HIAS.
- Mail your package to:
Embassy of Israel
3514 International Drive N.W.
Washington D.C. 20008
photo via flickr