Daniel Sokatch has served as the CEO of the New Israel Fund since 2009. During the past decade of extraordinary challenges, NIF has risen to new heights as the great defender of justice, democracy and equality in Israel.
Before joining NIF, Daniel served as the Executive Director of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties. Prior to his tenure at the Federation, he was founding Executive Director of the Progressive Jewish Alliance (now Bend the Arc). In recognition of his leadership, Daniel has been named four times to the Forward newspaper’s “Forward 50,” an annual list of the fifty leading Jewish decision-makers and opinion-shapers. He has contributed articles to leading newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Forward and Haaretz. Daniel holds an MA from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, a JD from Boston College Law School, and a BA from Brandeis University. He is married, is father to two daughters, and resides in San Francisco.
- Slashed Tires and Trump’s Plan
- The Democratic Pushback to Annexation
- In 2020 — This is What Democracy Looks Like
- We Can’t Do It Alone
- Our Alternative to Fear and Division
- The Essential Role of Culture in Israeli Democracy
- An Opening for Hope
- New Beginnings for Israel and for All of Us
- A Double Danger to Democracy
- The True Cost of Price Tag Attacks: Equal Citizenship