Daniel J. Sokatch is the Chief Executive Officer of the New Israel Fund (NIF), the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. Before joining NIF, Sokatch served as the Executive Director of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties. Prior to his tenure at Federation, he served as the founding Executive Director of the Los Angeles based Progressive Jewish Alliance.
In recognition of his leadership, Sokatch has been named to the Forward newspaper’s “Forward 50,” an annual list of the fifty leading Jewish decision-makers and opinion-shapers, in 2002, 2005 and 2008 and 2010.
Daniel has an MA from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, a JD from Boston College Law School, and a BA from Brandeis University. He is married with two daughters and resides in San Francisco.
Please contact Daniel Sokatch through Isabelle Staines, Coordinator of the Executive Office.
- This Passover, We Stand with People Seeking Asylum
- We Will Be the Ones to Save Our Democracies
- Our Moral Imperative
- The Growing Opposition to the Deportations
- Israel and the Refugees
- Uncertainty in Jerusalem
- More Violence at the Kotel
- Rabin’s Legacy in Today’s Israel
- Congress’s Un-American, Bad-for-Israel Agenda
- Tough Times Is What We Do