Daniel Sokatch has served as the CEO of the New Israel Fund since 2009. During the past decade of extraordinary challenges, NIF has risen to new heights as the great defender of justice, democracy and equality in Israel.
Before joining NIF, Daniel served as the Executive Director of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties. Prior to his tenure at the Federation, he was founding Executive Director of the Progressive Jewish Alliance (now Bend the Arc). In recognition of his leadership, Daniel has been named four times to the Forward newspaper’s “Forward 50,” an annual list of the fifty leading Jewish decision-makers and opinion-shapers. He has contributed articles to leading newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times, Washington Post, the Forward and Haaretz, and is the author of forthcoming book, Can We Talk About Israel: A Guide for the Curious, Confused, and Conflicted (Bloomsbury, Fall 2021). Daniel holds an MA from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, a JD from Boston College Law School, and a BA from Brandeis University. He is married, is father to two daughters, and resides in San Francisco.
- Why the “Demographic Argument” is Racist and Wrong
- Inequality is Inherent in a Dual System of Law
- Learning Lessons, Working Hard, Moving Forward
- Building Hope in Tough Times
- Passover, Ramadan, and the Need for a Truly Shared Society
- Defending Liberal Democracy in Israel and Supporting Ukraine
- Ukraine, Russia, and Lessons In Courage
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- How We Find Light in the Darkness
- For Human Rights Day: Support NIF