POSITION TITLE: Senior Development Officer
LOCATION: New York, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization committed to democratic change within Israel. We believe that Israel can live up to its founders' vision of a state that ensures complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants, without regard to religion, race or gender. Widely credited with building Israel's progressive civil society from scratch, NIF has provided more than $250 million in support to more than 800 cutting-edge organizations since its inception. Through its action arm, SHATIL, NIF also mentors, trains and builds capacity of the leading activists and organizations making change in Israeli civil society.
NIF seeks a talented and creative fundraising professional with individual/major gifts experience to join our New York team and help significantly grow NIF’s base of donors.
The Senior Development Officer will report directly to the Director of the New Israel Fund in the NY/Tri-State Region.
- Donor Stewardship: Major gifts donor strategy and implementation; including engagement and solicitation of existing donors; prospecting and bringing in new donors; and re-engaging lapsed donors.
- Events: Planning and implementation of parlor meetings, bi-yearly benefit, and other fundraising events in partnership with programming colleagues.
- Foundation Relations: Management of NY/Tri-State-based foundation relationships in partnership with NIF’s Director of Institutional Giving.
- Public Presence: Communicate articulately about the New Israel Fund, its mission, policies, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances in the context of parlor meetings and general donor servicing.
- Minimum 3-5 years fundraising experience with a focus on major gifts or individual donor stewardship; including successful (a) face to face solicitations, (b) new donor prospecting, and (c) parlor meeting planning and implementation.
- Compelling interpersonal skills and ability to connect easily and sincerely with others.
- Sharp and clear writing skills in the context of online correspondence and formal reports.
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups.
- Work-style that is both frank and thoughtful.
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully, prioritizing effectively between urgent and important tasks.
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories.
- Deep passion for Israel and excitement to serve as an ambassador for NIF.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Medium to large scale program or event planning experience.
- Strong social media presence (via twitter, facebook, blogs etc.).
- Past experience working or volunteering in Israel.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 18, 2014.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter to with the subject line “[Your Name]: Development Officer Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Friday, July 18, 2014.