Daniel J. Sokatch is the Chief Executive Officer of the New Israel Fund (NIF), the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. Before joining NIF, Sokatch served as the Executive Director of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties. Prior to his tenure at Federation, he served as the founding Executive Director of the Los Angeles based Progressive Jewish Alliance.
In recognition of his leadership, Sokatch has been named to the Forward newspaper’s “Forward 50,” an annual list of the fifty leading Jewish decision-makers and opinion-shapers, in 2002, 2005 and 2008 and 2010.
Daniel has an MA from the Fletcher School at Tufts University, a JD from Boston College Law School, and a BA from Brandeis University. He is married with two daughters and resides in San Francisco.
Please contact Daniel Sokatch through Isabelle Staines, Coordinator of the Executive Office.
- The Age of the Bully
- Benghazi to Bergen-Belsen
- For the Love of a Democratic Israel
- Mobilizing Dissent: How We Responded to Jen’s Detention
- We will not be stopped at Ben Gurion. We will not stop at all.
- Neo-Authoritarianism is a Global Challenge
- Despair is Not a Game Plan
- Rising from the Ashes
- Coming Together
- Lessons from Israeli Progressives